Saturday, July 01, 2006

Three minus one makes four

Drillbit problem solved, mortise inserts made up. Little plastic thingys over the flat ends to protect them during the next part of the process. Ready to glue them up.

Oops. Only two gluing clamps. Remembered that I sacrificed one to make a tailstop brace for my lathe, to keep the tailstock from sliding backward on the ways under heavy pressure. Did that right after reworking the tailstock to include a thrust bushing. Duh.

So three minus one makes four. The two original gluing clamps, my bench vise, and the lathe.

With three bored blocks epoxied and curing, I'm done with pipe work until tomorrow afternoon. Next time I can make up 4 blocks at a time.

Maybe I'll get some more dirt moved tomorrow before the epoxy is fully cured, it sure needs moved. The mountain-lion event has reminded me that what I really need here is a freakin' building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home