Saturday, July 01, 2006

Trip to the village

So I tossed the most chewed-up gas can into the back of the truck, and we went off to the village. Town. Whatever you choose to call it.

Our first stop was the local cop-shop. I was told that the puncture marks were too small to have been made by a bear (which I had been puzzling over) that "bears go through plastic like it's not even there". The marks were made by either a bobcat or a mountain lion. Big relief, I guess. Still, anything that can poke its claws through a plastic gas-can deserves a little respect.

The local hardware store had a few drill-bits. I couldn't find a 3/16 brad-point bit, which they call "pilot point". I asked the guy who was working this morning, but he didn't seem to know much. I decided we were likely to need to promote the trip to the next larger "town", and was looking at the grinding wheels. The wife kept poking around and managed to find the bit I was looking for, somebody had put some other size on top of it.

Looks like time to get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home