Thursday, July 06, 2006

Short day

I once read an article about how Bo Nordh works. As I remember, it said that he never hurries. I try to follow that example... when I hurry, I mess things up bigtime. Yesterday I thought the Belge that I've been working on looked pretty good -- but this morning what I found was that another hour or two of filework was needed to get it as far as I can take it at this level.

Today I brought the Belge and the hooked-shaped stummel as far as I could at the filework level.  Next is fitting them with stem blanks, then shaping stem after bending it, then finally finishing.

Guillaume, I've spent an hour putting together a couple pics.  There's time today for me to fit the stems and bend the bent one, maybe even start shaping them.  But I prefer to wait until morning for that, in case they don't look right after a night's sleep.  Plus, when all your electricity comes from a generator and you are your own plumber and landscaper and everything else, there are plenty of things that need doing.

Here is the Belge that I've been going on about.  The airway dips twenty-thousandths of an inch just outside the draft hole, but the airflow is fantastic.  Wall thickness is about 3/8" or perhaps a little more at the heel, and about 1/4" at the rim.

This is the hook-shaped pipe at completion of filework.  There is shape-adjustment needed for both stummels, but it's too delicate to perform with files.




The airway on the hookshaped pipe is absolutely perfect as far as I can tell, which is not easy with a bend that radical.

Blogger continues to drive me nuts, this time with its goofy handling of keystrokes, I need to disable most of their keyboard shortcuts.  More tomorrow I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home