Thursday, October 18, 2007

baby it's cold out there

When checking my web-server this morning I found that someone new had signed up for the mailing list. Decided to check the blog here and found a couple comments waiting for moderation. Figured it to be about time for another blog entry.

Things are still moving forward. The batteries have been moved from the van to the power-shed and the new power system is fully operational though still without solar panels. Things work worlds better now than they did before. Running the generator for about 2 hours a day gives us plenty of electricity for running computers, lights, water-pump, and refrigerator, and I get to choose when to run the generator (daylight is a big favorite).

We've done the roof and wall-sheathing on the house, will need to wait for a county inspection before going too much farther with that. Yesterday we had fun putting housewrap on, a 9-foot wide strip of plastic-stuff about 150-feet long, wrap that around your house in 30mph winds for a good time.

Hope to install the windows today, at least some of them. We'll need to get the siding on before installing the doors since they have moldings on them.

The van's electrical system has been reconfigured after removing the battery bank, and the amount of space available for a heater is known. Obtaining one and getting around to installing it still have to be done, but since I can't get near my lathe for the appliances in front of it, that's not a high priority at the moment.

Life goes on. Presumably someday I'll get enough house-stuff out of the van to be able to work in it again. That makes me think. I don't see other carvers talking about their questions... are they doing a good thing by making pipes, or just creating problems, is their work good enough, stuff like that. I guess my head's broken, no surprise there.

Stay well y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home