Thursday, August 30, 2007

it's alive

I might post to this blog more often if I didn't so much mind staring at the "Waiting on www.blogger.com" message at the bottom of my browser. You'd think... ah, nevermind.

Life goes on. The carving withdrawl symptoms continue to worsen, but there is too much else that has to be done at this point.

The power shed is nearing a state at which I can install the batteries and other stuff. I've been able to move enough appliances out of the van so that I can at least -see- my lathe, but that just makes the withdrawl symptoms worse. The house is continuing to progress. Fall is here, we're waiting for roof trusses. The race between completion and snow is getting closer.

I look at the time we've spent on this house and think about the pipes I could've carved, the other things I could've done if not for the house project. But when you want something and have a chance to do it, you just go for it. Now it's becoming more and more clear that we're likely to enter winter with a dried-in structure that isn't a house, and nothing much going on... at least once the power shed is ready I'll be able to get the batteries out of the van and free up space for a proper heater which will make carving in the winter more feasible.

All of which is probably of complete uninterest to anyone, but it's the big deal in my life right now.

And my gawd, every time they add some "improvement" to blogger it gets slower and slower even when you think it couldn't get any slower...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home