Sunday, February 25, 2007

what happened to random?

I noticed that my website was getting hits that originated in an ASP thread, so I went and checked it out (thanks for thinking of me, Mary). Sorry that I've not updated this blog lately, there have been a lot of things going on, mostly all at once... and I'm really not that thrilled with the way either the old blogger or the new one work, so it's a chore.

There has been a lot going on over the past year, most of it non-pipe stuff. Regarding pipes, here is the bottom line:

1) I'm not dead, I'm not out of business, I haven't given it up; pigheaded/stupid as ever.
2) There are some items being figured out, and some of them have been and some haven't yet.
3) Because of the amount of stuff going on, if I produce 6 pipes in 2007 it'll be a major miracle.
4) Future pipes will be more costly, we're talking $500 minimum and probably a good deal more.
5) Future pipes will use stainless-steel tenons instead of brass, and will probably use a delrin mortise insert. Polycarbonate remains my stem material of choice. The OnePiece may come back, or not -- if it does, it will come back for bents as well as straights.

When all you can get your hands on in the way of pipe tobacco is Prince Albert, it can really screw with your taste buds. Lane's bl/wb, there's the good stuff, hope my taste buds recover enough to enjoy it again.

The next pipe that appears on my site will be one made for Sean Chercover (now a published author and bona-fide Important Person) because he managed to purchase the fugliest pipe I ever made at a point when it made a big difference to me whether I sold a pipe or not. Then I have some replacement stems to make for a very good customer. Once that's taken care of, new pipes will probably begin to appear on my site for sale, occasionally. Very occasionally in 2007, because I'm busier than a 1-legged man in an ass-kicking contest.

I changed my email when we moved the web server last September (the collection of ancient spam had become overwhelming), but the contact form works just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home