Monday, September 17, 2007

This morning...

...the body woke me at 2am, more or less the usual time for me to start a day. But man, am I ever tired. The past two days have consisted of fairly constant physical effort, but now we have the roof trusses on top of the house and I have to find a way to avoid getting around to doing the hard part, putting on the sheathing. Probably should have gone for a flatter roof... oh well, onward and upward. That's a joke.

For some reason I decided to poke around this morning, and see what's been happening with other pipe carvers. I was surprised that a number of makers' websites have disappeared, but perhaps they've just moved and my bookmarks are out of date. I was pleased to see that many are still around and truckin'.

I have hopes that in another couple weeks I'll be able to move my offgrid battery bank from underneath the floorboars of my van (aka workshop) into the official "power shed". The nice thing about that is that it'll enable us to use our 12v refrigerator instead of getting ice for the cooler every couple days... but the really nice thing about it is that once that batteries are out of their current location, I'll have a physical location suitable for an authentic heater for the shop. That will be heaven when the snows begin, if it comes to pass.

I am somewhat (pleasantly) amazed that people still visit my website and even occasionally sign up for the mailing-list. It has been too damned long since I've made a pipe, and that is going to be dealt with one of these days, though until we qualify for a "certificate of occupancy" for the house that will remain my top priority. It's amazing the things governments will do to you for your own good.

To everyone reading: Stay well, stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home